Sunday, March 28, 2010



My first 200 Kilometer Brevet is in the books. 8 hours and 37 minutes. And I'm disappointed. Not in my performance, but in my chosen sport. It all seems a little anti-climatic. No brass bands, no handshakes all around. Nothing but filling out a brevet card and leaving it in the plastic bin at the Police Station and changing out of wet riding clothes in the car without being seen. Then a 2 1/2 hour drive home. Maybe I'm just a little tired. Maybe I need to eat more next time. I don't know.

3 comments:

  1. I personally think the sport suits you. You are not a group/team person. You ride at your own pace and from your comments about the "wrong equipment", doesn't surprise me. You live your life just not to follow the crowd. Although maybe next time if you would like cheers/slaps on the back, maybe some of your family members could be waiting for you at the finish line with signs, bells, and horns.

    Then again, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this one, especially about the things you did to keep from going nuts during the ride. I think that it is very entertaining to see how you think and I find it interesting. The guy who commented before I did is pretty right on the money about who you are. I LIKE who you are!! Good job on the ride Miles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The comment by Miles above is REALLY by Carmel my wife. I am narcissistic but not that bad. Although I do like who I am most of the time.

    ReplyDelete