Sunday, April 11, 2010



The Country Kitchen in Oakdale. The last control stop on the route. By the time I reached this location, I'd spent about 9 hours fighting the wind and listening to it roaring in my ears. Outside of Oakdale, I had run out of water and I was dehydrated. I was so exhausted when I arrived that I purchased 6 bottles of water to refill everything and refuel, but I forgot to have the proprietor sign my Brevet card. That would have caused all of the suffering to have been for nothing. Fortunately, he asked if I had a card he needed to sign. Only 60 miles or so to go now, and most of it will be north or north west and the wind will be less of a factor. By the way, they serve freshly made fruit pies. I passed on the pie and ate a Clif Bar instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment