Friday, January 15, 2010



POSTSCRIPT:
When I turned in my first completed brevet card so that the RUSA Supreme Council of Elders could verify that I was keeping the rules and following the procedures, it was suggested to me that I should get a store receipt at each control, instead of a time and signature, for proof of passage. The theory is that since I am the only one on these rides, for the most part, the store receipts would strengthen my story since the veracity of a rider with a short RUSA history and a long beard is immediately suspect.

As a result, when I rode today, I purchased something at each store. Here are my treasures. With the exception of the Jersey gloves (which I used as liners), the water and the fig bars, I couldn't have used any of the other things. (Perhaps I'll give them to my church to go in those food boxes they distribute. The cheese crackers will fit in nicely with the pork and beans, macaroni and cheese, and Spam that is usually given to poor families.)

I'm going to need bigger pockets if I ride a permanent longer than 200 kilometers.

No comments:

Post a Comment