Friday, January 15, 2010

The sun is finally beginning to come up on Grassy Road. Because I drive a truck, beginning at 3:00 a.m., I don't mind riding in the dark. I'm always careful to watch out for drunks, dogs, and deer. Rednecks and Government agents are also possible threats. This morning, a dark pick-up truck rolled up next to me and matched speed. I eased my hands off of the hoods to the brake levers to make a panic stop if they pulled a gun. Noticing that it was a government vehicle made me more anxious. As the darkened passenger window slid down electronically I held my breath and began planning my move. Then I saw the smiling face of a riding buddy. Kevin works for the EPA saving our planet almost single handedly. We chatted for a few yards then as he pulled away, he assured me with all sincerity, "You know if I didn't have to work today, I'd be riding with you!" "Sure, I replied." It was enough to know that he would protect our environment today.

No comments:

Post a Comment